Dear Tree Climbing Facilitator,
Welcome to the GOTC’s Facilitator Resources area.
DISCLAIMER: The pages in this area are intended ONLY for facilitators who agree to follow or exceed GOTC program climb guidelines, and whose training and/or demonstrated abilities have met or exceeded GOTC or other community-recognized BTCC and Facilitator training curricula skills and knowledge. By accessing any of the other pages in this Facilitator Resources area, or using any of the materials in those pages, you stipulate that you meet the above requirements. If you have any questions, please contact us.
On these pages, you will find information that we feel may be useful when approaching potential program partners and venues (schools, nature centers, preserves, parks & recreation districts, etc.) about approving tree climbing programs.
- GOTC Letter of Recommendation for Recreational/Technical Tree Climbing Activities
- Slides from GOTC Webinar on “How to Approach Potential Partner Sites”
- Example of Implementation Costs from Riveredge Nature Center
- Pictures for Promotion and Marketing
- Articles promoting Recreational Tree Climbing
- Property Owner Release Form
- GOTC Brochure for a pdf version click here.
- Log Templates: Climbing Log, Rope Inspection Log & Equipment Inspection Log.
- 40 South News: by Kristin Schultz, August 16, 2014. “MRH Middle School receives grant for Tree Climbing Programs” (linked with permission).
This is just the beginning of the resources we hope to provide in this area. Please contact us with ideas for additional topics or materials you’d like to see here, if you have any suggestions for edits, or if you’d like to share feedback of any kind.
Special Request! Attention Tree Climbers …
The GOTC is currently working on an insurance project. For that project we are looking to collect as many climbing logs as possible. If you have any logs filled out please sent them to us via this link.
Again any Instructor, Facilitator, and self climb logs will greatly help our cause. Also feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Thanks and Happy Climbing!
Thank you for visiting the GOTC website!